jgfairytales started as an aspiring writer’s WordPress.com blog and Wattpad.com username in 2009. It later became the brand for a pro bono editing and proofreading service for fiction, poetry, and academia.
In the summer of 2016, jgfairytales grew into a part-time enterprise offering extensive copy editing and constructive critiques with personalized recommendations to emerging and self-published international authors at an affordable rate.
About the Freelancer
My name is Jen. I have been writing fiction and poetry for over a decade and editing for over five years now. My epic love for writing and copy editing first developed when I was young.
Thanks to my bachelor’s degree, in-progress master’s degree, and career, I already excel at writing creatively to grab readers’ attention. I’m all about copyediting and offering constructive criticism. My grammar and spelling are always spot on (after at least one edit).
As of January 2018, I have been an editor and critic for 25 emerging authors that post their work on Wattpad.com with a total of well over 2 million reads.
Five fun facts about Jen:
- I am a die-hard Harry Potter fan and a proud member of the Ravenclaw House.
- Other than all things reading and writing, my second passion is cooking, baking, and eating.
- I have a bachelor’s and in-progress master’s degree in public relations.
- During the day, I am a project manager that wears way too many hats at an ear sub specialist clinic, research institute, and day camp for hearing impaired children.
- I believe you can always learn more, no matter how old you are!